Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Copy Time Stamp Only When File Sizes Match

ceph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Copy Time Stamp Only When File Sizes Match Reply with quote

I'm using VVPro in a convoluted setting of mapping a network drive to the GoodReader app on my iPad and then comparing my multi-gigabyte ebook collection between my hard drive and the GoodReader 'sandbox'. VVPro does a good job of seeing matching files as having the exact byte size, but the timestamps don't match (I'm sure the files are identical). The date disparity is not the fault of VVPro but how I iniitally loaded the files onto the iPad. The feature I'd like to see would be to have the option of comparing files, perhaps by size only, perhaps then turning on viewing identical files, and *then being able to select the matching files (by size) and copy/update the timestamps on the target (the iPad in this case). If I could do that en masse once (750 ebooks with all different timestamps), in the future I could compare files by BOTH size AND timestamp, a more accurate comparison than my now being relegated to compare only by file size.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, for now, as a workaround, couldn't you re-copy the files once?
thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
ceph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but 33 GB and 750 image-based pdfs takes a long time to copy to an ipad. I've found a way to do this with the feature built into Total Commander that can compare two folders and then copy timestamp, file properties, and/or NTFS attributes instead of the files. And I do think there are other times when this would be handy, as it's pretty easy for timestamps to get out of synch,especially if copying or synching files across a mix of computers, backups, ftp, any of which can have different ways of handling the timestamp. VVPro remains my tool of choice for all my other synching needs.
aryshia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: post a link Reply with quote

I think a (local) VV database on the remote machine would be the only solution....
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum