Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Delta Copy (Block Level Copy)

Aholics.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Delta Copy (Block Level Copy) Reply with quote

Please provide a client/server architecture that can handle delta copy (block level, not just file level).

This is a HUUUUGE feature and I believe many (myself included) would pay for this additional feature.

There are NO good delta-copy solutions out there that compare with this product's existing feature set. Adding delta copy would make this product a no-brainer for anyone looking for a backup solution.

Please!
Al
Waipapa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Delta Copy (Block Level Copy) Reply with quote

I agree 100%
zim2323

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agree!
Long-time user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys at TGRMN,

First let me say I have used viceversa pro for years now and I am so far full of praise for your work at tgrmn.

But, with the hugely increasing file sizes (database fles, outlook psts etc) in conjunction with connection bandwidth (e.g. online storage services) not keeping up there are two critical features you will have to include very soon or - to my deepest regret - I will have to change to another product:

1. the aforementioned "Delta Copy (Block Level Copy)", which I habe also seen named "Partial File Updating" (e.g. by the folks at superflexible)

2. detect if a file has been merely renamed or moved within the folder structure to avoid copying it all over again

I am happy to pay for these add'l features because, as I said, the product is the best I have found so far except for the points mentioned above.

It would be great if you could indicate if and when you plan to include these features in one your next releases.

Thanks.
cmharley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Block Level Copy Reply with quote

I agree. This is a feature that is becoming more of necessity than a desire. I have been using ViceVersa for years but will have to start looking for an alternative because of the amount of data we transmit every night.
murphy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. This feature is certainly needed with modern file sizes and would make sync copying over WAN a real possibility
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum