Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Mirror move files on target

ruze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Mirror move files on target Reply with quote

One thing that seems wasteful in terms of bandwidth is that when a set of files gets moved (eg to a new folder) in the source, VV deletes the old ones on the target then recopies the new ones.

Isn't there a way to optimize this so that VV moves the files in the target if a move has been performed on the exact same files in the source?
Old Faithful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mirror move files on target Reply with quote

ruze wrote:
One thing that seems wasteful in terms of bandwidth is that when a set of files gets moved (eg to a new folder) in the source, VV deletes the old ones on the target then recopies the new ones.

Isn't there a way to optimize this so that VV moves the files in the target if a move has been performed on the exact same files in the source?

This question is very pertinent for my needs and I am dismayed it has gotten no answers here as I spend a lot of time organizing files and directories but have found that when I want to replicate the file management to another drive it always requires a cloning process, which is absurd when you only move or rename a few files and folders.

I will post this as a new post in different terms, perhaps this has gotten no responses because it wasn't clear enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tips, Tricks and More All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum