Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Mirroring

bei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Mirroring Reply with quote

Hi,

After I backup/mirror source to target (Hard drive w/ images files) I assume both drives should have the same space taken up and the same number of files on each. This not the case... the Sourse drive ( I belive) always has more space tken up on the drive. Why is this and is it normal... Thanks,

David
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be caused by the fact that not all files have been copied from source to target.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
bei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: mirroring Reply with quote

Am I doing something wrong that mirroring would not copy all the files over from Sourse to taget?

Thanks,

David
Astenz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Source contain hidden/system folders? Reply with quote

Did you check if you got some hidden/system folders on your source drive? Like "Recycler"/ "System volume information" (If your source drive is a root drive like e:\ you should have theses folders). If so, maybe theses folders are not selected on source or you setup VV with something like "do not copy hidden file and folders". Cool
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum