Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Potential new customer :)

Bluhme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Potential new customer :) Reply with quote

Hi!

We've got a customer who needs to get his Windows FRS replaced with something more stable. For instance ViceVersa Pro. They need to mirror a set of data, but only for backup issues. My approach would be to install ViceVersa on one Windows Powered NAS box and then create a mirror of the data located on this NAS box on another Windows Powered NAS box.

My concern with ViceVersa is what happens if one of the mirrors are shut down.
Let's say that the NAS box (call it NAS2) where the ViceVersa software ISN'T installed is shut down for maintenance and meanwhile a lot of files change on the NAS box (call it NAS1) where ViceVersa is installed. What happens when NAS2 is turned on the next day? Will NAS1 automatically discover that NAS2 now is available and resume the project where it left off, or do I have to restart the project?

Hopefully the answer will be "Yes this will happen automatically", since my customer (and I guess a lot of other users) really can't bother to restart a project each time a "mirror" isn't available.

Best Regards
Thomas
Denmark
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Thomas

When ViceVersa runs, it scans source and target and then performs file sync or file backup, etc.

If source or target are not available - it aborts.

Next run, if source or target are available again - it starts, scans and perform file sync or file backup again.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Bluhme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Did a little testing myself, and I found out that each time file is changed, deleted og created, VV try to sync it, so I guess it's allright for my purpose.

It would be nice though with a "retry" setting in a future release.

Best Regards
Thomas
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum