Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Retry on disconnected target

BC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Retry on disconnected target Reply with quote

Hello,

I've been using the professional version for a while, and it seems to work great. However, I have a remote site that has a not-so reliable internet connection that tends to disconnect once in a while - and reconnect in a few seconds automatically. This stops the VV project completely.

It would be great if VV would have a setting to retry the connection every X minutes, a total of Y times. It would be even better, if this would mean that it continues with the current, interrupted project, it would -not- start over with a comparison.

This would make the synch a bit more redundant, as it could recover from a link failure, and more efficient, as it would not start from the beginning again, just because there was a small link interruption.

What are your opinions?

Thank you
Balazs
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Smile
I think 2 settings are needed: retry X times on failure and retry after X seconds on failure. It would also be useful - I think - to be able to resume a job from where it stopped.
I have added this request to the improvement list Surprised
http://www.compareandmerge.com
BC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. That is good news for me Very Happy

Here is another one...Although I know I am pushing it this time, because this is probably harder to do than how I imagine it, but have you guys thought of incremential file copy, or delta copy option?

Or would this be really hard to create at the moment?

Thanks
bfivelson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: I agree with the resume feature Reply with quote

I agree on the resume job for sure

I deal with 2gb files over a 1 mb wan connection

It would be great if the resume information was built into the tmp file that is coppied and renamed if possible
7845 E. Gelding Dr. Suite 101
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Phone: 480-368-1699
Fax: 480-368-1883
Email: barry@cmcaz.com
Rhodan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: This is needed. Reply with quote

TGRMN Software wrote:
I agree. Smile
I think 2 settings are needed: retry X times on failure and retry after X seconds on failure. It would also be useful - I think - to be able to resume a job from where it stopped.
I have added this request to the improvement list Surprised

Was this ever implemented? It is a must for any backup system. I;m evaluating your product and without this feature it will not be usable.

Thanks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum