Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Please advise re best bakup method

hartwith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Please advise re best bakup method Reply with quote

I have installed vvpro v2 on a pc at a small hotel. I have created a profile that backs up everything from a particular folder to a flash memory drive. vv launcher is scheduling the backups. I get an error: "backup completed with warning.some files are present both in source and in target, but are newer in target".
I have been using vvpro v1.3.1 for a long time and have always had it set to replication and prune. This option does not appear in v2 so I have set the hotel profile to backup.
The data in the source folder consists mainly of an excel spreadsheet that is used to record and handle customer reservations. It is modified on a regular basis as and when. It is vital that this data is backed up accurately to the target. Which backup method would be best in this case?
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

The backup method is the right one in this case.

The warning you are getting means that ViceVersa found a file that is newer on the target compared to the source. You can still overwrite this newer file on the target by activating the option "Replace Newer Target Files with Older Source Files". This option is in the profile settings -> advanced settings

I also suggest that you use the archive feature to archive old files (you could setup the archive on the target)

thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum