Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

CRC errors when doing synchronization

paullinator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: CRC errors when doing synchronization Reply with quote

I get the following errors EVERYTIME vv tries to update a file in the destination. No problem copying a new file from src to dst. Only when updating the file. Checking the file in the dest, I see that it basically has not changed. As if it simply was never touched, then vv tried to do the crc check which would obviously fail. I am using 'synchronization' execution method. works fine when using mirror method with identical settings so I'm sure its not a user access issue.

Pls help. I love your software and will sooooo purchase it if I could get these file updates to work.

Using VV pro 2 build 2014
and VVEngine 1.1 (SN5)
Tried on Server 2003 and on Server 2003 SBS. same issues on both

Starting... Ok
Copying "bill adder.xls" (20.00KB) ... (Overwriting) ... CRC check ... [CRC check failed: file "\\baileys\poleng\common\Daily Sales\bill adder.xls" not copied correctly.] Error.
Copying "DailySalesHelpSheet 2007-08-24.xls" (26.50KB) ... (Overwriting) ... CRC check ... [CRC check failed: file "\\baileys\poleng\common\Daily Sales\DailySalesHelpSheet 2007-08-24.xls" not copied correctly.] Error.
Copying "DailySalesHelpSheet 2007-09-02.xls" (26.00KB) ... [Can not open "\\baileys\poleng\common\Daily Sales\DailySalesHelpSheet 2007-09-02.xls". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.] Error.
Copying "Shortlist.xls" (13.50KB) ... (Overwriting) ... CRC check ... [CRC check failed: file "\\baileys\poleng\common\Daily Sales\Shortlist.xls" not copied correctly.] Error.
Copying "BillCounter.xls" (15.00KB) ... (Overwriting) ... CRC check ... [CRC check failed: file "\\baileys\poleng\common\Docs\BillCounter.xls" not copied correctly.] Error.
Copying "Poleng LLC Operating Ag (d6c).doc" (150.50KB) ... (Overwriting) ... CRC check ... [CRC check failed: file "\\baileys\poleng\common\Investor\Poleng LLC Operating Ag (d6c).doc" not copied correctly.] Error.
Copying "PolengHoldingsCapSheet_2007-06.xls" (40.50KB) ... (Overwriting) ... CRC check ... [CRC check failed: file "\\baileys\poleng\common\Investor\PolengHoldingsCapSheet_2007-06.xls" not copied correctly.] Error.
-- Done: 0 (0) Err: 7 (292.00KB) Skipped: 0 (0) Tot: 7 (292.00KB) --
-- Average Transfer Rate: 0/Sec -- Elapsed Time: 1 sec
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Quote:
Checking the file in the dest, I see that it basically has not changed. As if it simply was never touched, then vv tried to do the crc check which would obviously fail.

Not sure why VV would try to copy a file that has not changed.... What profile settings are you using? Can you please post the entire log file of a run from start to end? thanks![/quote]
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum