Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Synchronization

Lyle KC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Synchronization Reply with quote

Purchased Pro. I have a network drive with almost the same number of identical files as a remote laptop. Not quite identical in number and content and want to have both the net drive and local drive identical. Want to have bilateral update if a file is added or changed on either. What is the correct way to begin this process? The steps to synch seem vague. I am able to connect with the VPN Have done what I thought was a synch. Folders were “copied” to the source. But, they are empty in the VV window. Also – I do not have a perfect match between the two when I go into Windows explorer….files and folders did not get moved. – Not a true mirror of each other I cant figure out where I went wrong. How do I get things equal the first time? Step by step HELP!
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

given two folders (called Source and Target) ViceVersa will make them the same after comparing them. The first step is to define source and target and then compare and select synchronization as execution method.

Once you have setup a profile and saved it, you can then schedule it to run with VVLauncher (a tool included with the ViceVersa installation)

thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum