Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

VVLauncher Service - *Error*

jgarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: VVLauncher Service - *Error* Reply with quote

I am running ViceVersa Pro 2.0 on a WinXP_Pro desktop computer and syncronizing folders on a laptop with an external USB drive. I have a red exclamation mark on the VVLauncher Service icon on my taskbar. When I right click on it, the "View VVLauncher log file" is bold, and when I open it, the log says 'Enabled * Run every 5 minutes if file changes are detected. Error * Can not monitor folder: X:\School Folders. This is the folder I have been synchronizing manually when I open my ViceVersa profile and show comparison. I can compare and execute without any problems, so I am not sure why the error is displayed. By the way, the folder 'X' is a mapped network drive on my laptop and the path refers to the external USB drive.
jgarner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I found the problem searching around a bit in this forum. It seems as though VVLauncher cannot monitor network drives. So I quit the VVLauncer service for now. If anybody knows a work around for this feature, please let me know. Thanks.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if you install the VVLauncher service under the admin account, instead of the default system account, it should be able to monitor network drives.
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum