Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Saving the archive bit?

RossDey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Saving the archive bit? Reply with quote

New to the forum here and would like to throw this scenario out to all the viceversa users out there. Please keep in mind that I've never used viceversa before and I'm not sure if a solution is available. Any and all help is appreciated.

A little background:
I use backup exec 10d to run our backups: full backups on weekends, and diffs during the weekdays. Attached to my fileserver are 2 arrays; a production and backup array (which we robocopy to everyday and evening).

Last week we ran into some NTFS corruption so we took the production array offline made the backup array the production array and robocopied the data to the new production array while we ran a chkdisk on the NTFS corrupted array.

When the Diffs ran that night, the archive bit must have been reset because the job ran as if it were a full backup job.

Here's the problem:
It's happened again and we need to cut over to our backup array. I haven't figured out a way to "save" the archive bit through robocopy (still figuring out all the swithes).

Question:
Is there a way in viceversa to preserve the archive bit?

In the event I need to cut over to my backup array and run my nightly diff, I don't want to run into a scenario where a full is running during the week. If I can get a viceversa solution, I may convert!

Thanks,
RossDey
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, unless I am mistaken VV does copy the archive attribute when copying files. But it does use the archive flag to copy files, instead it compares file timestamps. I hope I understood your question, thanks
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum