Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

A couple of questions before I spend ~$100

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: A couple of questions before I spend ~$100 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've been trying your product VVPro 2 with VVEngine for the past month and think it's just what I'm looking for in a backup system for my files at home and has a lot of great features with great visualization of what's going on. However, I do have a couple of licensing questions before I finally invest in your product.

1. How long is a VVPro 2 license "good for"? I could not find anything in your FAQ or Knowledge Base that explained if this was a "lifetime" license or not. I really don't want to buy something that I have to "renew" a license for sometime down the line. This has happened to me with other software packages I bought and has caused me to become more cautious in what I buy. So please clarify the length of this license to me and explain what exactly is entailed to a license holder for this software.

2. Will having a license for VVPro 2 allow me to upgrade to the next version of VVPro when it comes out (eg. VVPro 3, VVPro 4, etc.) I'm pretty sure as new build versions for VVPro 2 come out you will offer it to those who have a pre-existing licenses, but I couldn't discern your policy on future versions from the information in your FAQ/Knowledge Base. Will I have to buy a new license all together? Is there a discount for those of us who have older version licenses? Or can we just download the new version and apply our purchase key to that?

3. Why do we have to buy a separate license for VVEngine? I mean seriously, if you guys made this scheduling software too, why not just incorporate it into the highest priced package (VVPro) and not force people to buy another license for something that should be built in anyway? I find this disturbing, not saying I can't afford the additional $30, but I am fairly young still and don't make mounds of money to throw around for software like this. I know there are other options for scheduling (which pale in comparison to this), but why make this add-on package cost more then some other backup software solutions?

Thanks for your support with this product, I really enjoy using it and hope to purchase a license by the end of the day if I receive a response to these questions.
TGRMN Software
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Thank you for evaluating ViceVersa Smile

Quote:
1. How long is a VVPro 2 license "good for"? I could not find anything in your FAQ or Knowledge Base that explained if this was a "lifetime" license or not. I really don't want to buy something that I have to "renew" a license for sometime down the line. This has happened to me with other software packages I bought and has caused me to become more cautious in what I buy. So please clarify the length of this license to me and explain what exactly is entailed to a license holder for this software.

VVPRO licenses are a one time payment. You will receive a code via email which you enter into the program to unlock it past the 30 day trial.

Quote:
2. Will having a license for VVPro 2 allow me to upgrade to the next version of VVPro when it comes out (eg. VVPro 3, VVPro 4, etc.) I'm pretty sure as new build versions for VVPro 2 come out you will offer it to those who have a pre-existing licenses, but I couldn't discern your policy on future versions from the information in your FAQ/Knowledge Base. Will I have to buy a new license all together? Is there a discount for those of us who have older version licenses? Or can we just download the new version and apply our purchase key to that?

All minor new builds and upgrades are free for registered customers. If we release a major new version, e.g VVPRO 3, 4 etc, we offer the upgrade at a discounted price. There is no obligation to buy the new version.

Quote:
3. Why do we have to buy a separate license for VVEngine? I mean seriously, if you guys made this scheduling software too, why not just incorporate it into the highest priced package (VVPro) and not force people to buy another license for something that should be built in anyway? I find this disturbing, not saying I can't afford the additional $30, but I am fairly young still and don't make mounds of money to throw around for software like this. I know there are other options for scheduling (which pale in comparison to this), but why make this add-on package cost more then some other backup software solutions?

Currently VVEngine is sold seperately. It may be included in a premium VVPRO package in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at sales@tgrmn.com

Thanks!
http://www.compareandmerge.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum