Forum Index  ViceVersa HOME         FAQ and Knowledge Base

FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch Forum  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Recovering from Moving Folders

UscholdM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Recovering from Moving Folders Reply with quote

I had synching going on between files on my CDrive and a disk on a Server. It was working fine.

Then I made various changes, moving folders around, re-arranging the structure a bit as per usual.

I then moved the top level folders that were in the profile.
Unfortunately, I did not synchronize before I did that.

Now, when I do a compare, I cannot use the old profile because it wants to reset the database. Now it can no longer remember what changes I made.

I want it to use the existing database, but just tell it that the new top level paths are different.

I started poking around manually, and found one folder that had been moved. I manually pasted the folder paths into a new proflile and verified that they were more or less identical, with a few minor changes.

There 10,000+ files, so I cannot manualy sort out this mess w/o spending many many hours.

Is there any way to recover?

Thanks,
Mike

PS It seems that what is needed is a way to keep the same profile and the same database for synchign, but to be able to move the top level folders. Is there a way to do that? This is a related, but somewhat separate question from the main one of how to recover.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum